Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Menu Planning

Do you menu plan? Have you tried it? I tried menu planning two years ago and found myself not wanting to eat what I had planned. But I decided to try it again. It can help you cut your grocery bill if you go to the store with a plan of what you need. I was guilty of going to the store and making up my list as I shopped. That got me no where with my grocery budget and I sometimes ended up with not enough food to last us two weeks.

Grocery shopping less helps you save money because you don't have the temptation of impulse buys. I grocery shop every payday (or once every 2 weeks). I am bad about running to the store for this that I forgot or going to grab more milk and getting more than I went in the store for, but my goal is to stop buying extras and stick to a budget and list! Anyone want to join me?

Here is my menu plan for this week.

Mon: Roast with carrots and potatoes
Tues: Whole Chicken, corn, broccoli and rolls
Wed: Lasagna, green beans and garlic bread
Thrus: Tacos or Ribs (this is a pending change that hubby requested last night)
Fri: Olive Garden (we are going to go out which is rare for us, but my birthday is Thurs so we are going out for that!)
Sat: Lemon and Herb Whole Grain Chicken Helper and rolls
Sun: Pizza Pasta

I am going to start posting our menu plan for the week on Mondays! If you would like to join in with me and maybe give me new ideas of things to cook post your menu plan in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment